The Chakra System: A Beginners Guide to the 7 Chakras
Chakras are the vortexes of energy which are housed in seven different points of the spinal column. These seven chakras are connected and maintain the flow of energy within the anatomy. They act as a vessel which transfers energy in the body beginning from the base of the spine to the crown of our head.
While these chakras are in place to align the mind, body and soul, it is common for discrepancies to occur which ‘block’ the chakras. If left untreated, this ultimately prevents them from allowing energy to flow, in an effort to nurture your psychological, physical and spiritual, wellbeing. Discrepancies to your chakras happen when faced with negative thoughts, feelings, patterns and habits. The important thing is to search within to find the root of these ill feelings so you can begin your healing journey, which ultimately clears the path for your chakras to flow energy throughout your body and provide you with the balance, clarity and harmony you are designed to hone.
Each Chakra has a name, location, colour and purpose. We will explain each one beginning from your crown to the base of your spine.
7. Crown. The Crown chakra is located at the top of the head and is purple. The Crown represents states of higher consciousness and divine connection. Imbalanced attributes are cynicism, disregarding what is sacred, closed mindedness and a disconnection with the spirit.
6. Third Eye Chakra. The Third Eye chakra is located on the forehead, above and between the eyebrows. It is the colour Indigo. It represents intuition, foresight and is fuelled by openness and imagination. Imbalanced attributes are a lack of direction and lack of clarity.
5. Throat. The Throat chakra is located at the centre of the neck and is blue. It represents the ability to communicate thoroughly and effectively. Imbalanced attributes are shyness, isolation, arrogance and anxiety.
4. Heart. The Heart chakra is located at the centre of the chest and is green. This chakra represents love in all forms including self-love, and governs our relationships. When imbalanced, feelings of depression are common, including difficulty in relationships and lack of self-discipline.
3. Solar Plexus: The Solar Plexus is located below the chest and is yellow. It represents self-esteem, pleasure, will-power and responsibility. When imbalanced, one will experience low self-esteem, control issues, manipulative tendencies and misuse of power.
2. Sacral. The Sacral chakra is located below the navel and is orange. This chakra represents creative and sexual energies. When imbalanced some common symptoms are lack of creativity, sexual dysfunction, withheld intimacy and emotional isolation.
1. Root. The Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine. It is symbolic as it is the foundation of all chakras and is associated with the skills which we use to build our lives. It represents safety, security, and stability. When imbalanced one may experience scattered energies, anxiety and fear. Ultimately this leads to a chaotic way of life.
Now that we’ve explained the basics of the seven chakras, our hope is that we have inspired you to be aware of your chakra system. Take measures to introduce healthy, positive and productive practices in your life to ensure you are cleansing your body of any impure energy, and making way for positive energy to vibrate within you. There are many meditation, prayers and practises you can find online to help you begin your spiritual exploration.
At Star Soul, we are thrilled to offer many resources to aid you on this journey.
Our 7 Chakra Lava Stone Bracelet is a great (and stylish!) tool to get you started.
Lava stone is a grounding stone that gives strength, stability and courage.
Chakra Healing Bracelets are designed to balance, align and cleanse the seven chakras. Each colour of the stone represents one of the seven chakras.